The Seven Archangels As According to the Book of Enoch
Michael is supposed to be the commander of the army of God. Michael is often portrayed as having a shield in one hand and a mighty sword in the other.
When Samael (Satan) was thrown from Heaven, he grabbed onto the wings of Michael trying to bring him down with his fall, but God saved Michael.
Michael also saved Isaac from being sacrificed by his father by placing a ram in his place.
Michael was the angel that talked to Moses through the burning bush and was Moses’ teacher.
Michael taught Adam how to farm. He later brought Adam to Heaven in a fiery chariot, giving him a tour of the blessed realm.
When Adam died, Michael helped persuade the Lord to let Adam’s soul be brought to Heaven and cleansed of its sins.
Michael was the one who fought Satan with a sword from God’s armory and wounded Satan.
Michael, Lucifer, and Gabriel were the three arch angels God made first to basically distribute government through the angelic realm.
There is a debate as to whether Michael lived a mortal life as the son of God, better known as Jesus.
- God’s messenger.
- Gabriel is mostly known as the angel who will sound his trumpet at the end of time.
- Gabriel is said to have taken human form as the patriarch Noah.
- He is also the angel who brought news to the Virgin Mary as to how she would conceive Jesus.
- Raphael bound Azazel (one of the fallen angels) under a desert called Dudael. Azazel will only be released on judgment day to be cast into the pit of fire.
- He is assigned by God to re-warn Adam concerning the sin of eating of the Tree of Knowledge.
- He also explains to Adam the war in heaven in which Lucifer fell and became Satan.
- Uriel is the angel who rescued Jesus’ cousin John the Baptist and his mother Saint Elizabeth from the Massacre of the Innocents, which was when Herod the Great ordered all the all young male children in the village of Bethlehem be executed, so as to avoid the loss of his throne to a newborn King of the Jews.
- He checked the doors of Egypt for lamb’s blood during the plague.
- He also holds the key to Hell during the end of time.
- Raguel watches over other angels to make sure they are working well together with humans according to the divine order.
- Raguel brings all the other archangels and angels to account for their improper deeds.
- He is not listed in the Bible, only in the Book of Enoch.
- He is the archangel of justice, fairness, and harmony.
- One of the primary angels who leads souls to judgment.
- He is the presiding angel of the sun.
- Zerachiel is prince of ministering angels: those who watch over mortals.
- He is the angel of children, particularly children of parents who have sinned (and are therefore at risk of falling into sin as adults themselves.)
- He is said to have dominion over the earth.
- He is responsible for divine visions.
- He guides the souls of those worthy into Heaven
- He is a Grigori, or a fallen angel, who mated with human women giving rise to a race of hybrids known as the Nephilim. (Greek mythology has this too except they were called Demigods.)